Sunday, May 11, 2008

COMMUNIQUES FROM A DEAD MAN

Dateline: April 21, 2008
Location: deep inside a prison cell in Florida

Check out these wrongful conviction and innocence resources

Getting involved in the mechanisms of wrongful convictions, innocence projects, and prosecutorial misconduct issues has opened my eyes to the widespread problems that are repeated over and over, everywhere, it seems, innocent people are in prison.

I've also been exposed to some excellent resources on the internet, and if you're interested in this, or have friends or loved ones trapped in the tar pit of wrongful imprisonment, I urge you to check out these web sites, and share this information with others.

One of the best is www.LLRX.com - Law and Technology resources for legal professionals - "Wrongful Conviction and Innocence Resources on the Internet."

Ken Struttin (JD MLS) is my hero. He has it going on, and if you can't find enough material on this site to keep you fueled for days, I don't know what to tell you. I wish I had a computer!

Another good site is www.truthinjustice.org, "an educational non-profit organized to educate the public regarding the vulnerabilities in the U.S. criminal justice system that make the criminal conviction of wholly innocent persons possible." They have over 1,500 pages of information and resources. Check them out.

The third site is www.exonerate.org, part of the mid-Atlantic Innocence Project. I don't know much about them, but I'd like to.

If you know about other resources and web sites that focus on these issues, please e-mail us or use the "comments" button on this blog to share your knowledge. One of the goals and missions of the "FreeCharlieNow" web site and the Norman Partnership, Inc., is to educate the public. I hope this will become a valuable forum for this work, but it will only become with the cooperation and support of many people. Add a link to our sites, please.

Right now, we are only a few. We need thousands of people to get involved, and would like to have a million! I guarantee you that if thousands of people petitioned the Florida Governor and Cabinet, who comprise the Clemency Board, they would open the prison gates and throw me out! Don't believe me? Let's try it and see!
thanks,
Charlie

No comments: