Monday, September 26, 2022

A BRIGHT SPOT IN THE DARKNESS

 

 Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022


1984

Tammy 11 years old,

Charlie 35 years old




2022

Tammy and Charlie,

Charlie 73 years old




 

 

 

 

Saturday, September 17, 2022, marked the second anniversary of my mother, Lucille Norman's, passing. This otherwise somber occasion was brightened by the visit of my brother, Dan Norman, niece Tammy Norman, and aunt Alice Walker from Tampa.

We spent most of the visit reminiscing about the quirks and recounting humorous anecdotes about dearly departed loved ones.

We had two photos taken.  I asked Libby to place the 1984 photo of Tammy and me next to the 2022 photo, to show the passage of time. Forty-four years in captivity, these photos are thirty-eight years apart. It's time to go home.

It was hard saying goodbye. The weekend was redeemed by my dear wife, Libby's visit on Sunday. We had a good time laughing together.

Wednesday, September 21, 2022, would have been my late brother Tom's fifty-sixth birthday, another taken before his time.

When someone goes to prison he takes his loved ones with him, quietly suffering with him. I pray that soon I will be paroled and the suffering will end.

Charlie

 

No comments: