Sunday, May 18, 2014

TILL EVEN ETERNITY



Editor’s note: Once again, a flower has bloomed in spite of the storms and darkness: here’s a new poem from Charlie, written while he was in solitary, and it’s a beautiful blossom. I hope you like it as much as I do.

Thanks for your support.
Libby

TILL EVEN ETERNITY

When I die sprinkle my ashes
On a river that flows to the sea.
Let my words live on in this little book,
No earthly monuments for me.

I’ll say what I say to you now, my love,
And trust you will know it’s from me.
Never regret the love we both shared,
Nothing more, nothing less, could it be.

Tell them about my life, if you will,
How I faced evil with bravery.
Tell them of two things I sought, I gained,
I found a great love, now I’m free.

Say what you will from your heart, sweet girl,
Tell them about you and me.
Tell them I loved them all, always,
Till even eternity.

Charlie






No comments: