Sunday, March 30, 2014

PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST’S HANDS




Art Club comes to Okaloosa

It has been several years since they closed down the art department at Tomoka C.I., and most of my art materials, paints, brushes and canvases were pilfered and stolen by guards, and I’ve gotten out of practice with my artwork. But a couple of months ago, here at Okaloosa C.I., the administration instituted an “art club,” fifteen member limit, with an initial launch of colored pencils, graphite pencils, and a sketch pad to get it rolling. I can’t let any creative opportunity pass by, so I signed up early, agreeing to help with instruction.

Although I would prefer working with watercolors and acrylic paints, I’ll settle for what I can get. It turns out that there are several fairly accomplished artists here, along with novices who want to learn.

I’ve done a few pencil sketches just to get back in practice. Included here are two of them. Portrait of the Artist’s Hands is self-explanatory, and the other is Green-eyed Girl. While our sponsor was on strike, and we couldn’t get access to the colored pencils, I began a new portrait using just a Number 2 pencil.

Let me know if you like these.
Thanks,
Charlie



No comments: